Thursday, June 18, 2009

BOP and POP aka A (Mis)Adventure


I'm a little slow today so forgive me if I pause or seem a bit dazed. Concussions will do that to you. What a way to begin our second time together...here we are, meeting like this again and I look like hell.
It was innocent enough, I tell you. I just went upstairs to put on a different shirt. That's all. I wanted a long sleeve shirt. The wind was ripping 25-35 and we were both really enjoying the fresh, 63 degree air blowing through the house and didn't want to close things up. I just went up to get another shirt. When I walked in the door I vaguely remember kicking the doorstop but it did not really register as something important...I will not make that mistake again. I snagged the shirt, turned to leave the room just as a gust caught the bedroom door and closed it on my face.
Now, when I say closed I mean slammed with Force Almighty. The upper bridge of my nose is broken, black forehead, puffy eyes, can't breathe right. You know that feeling after a sunburn when your skin is red and stretched tight, that's the general sensation. I hit the floor, broke the register vent, passed out briefly, and awoke to Heather asking me "What the hell?" She hand-sews these wonderful rice packs that can be used for hot or cold and thankfully we keep two in the freezer.
For better or worse, my original face is intact, no real damage other than swelling and my brain hurts. Thinking is fairly slow and work is quite entertaining in a fisheye lens, disjointed Leaving Las Vegas sort of way.
I just thought I would share...I was going to edit another blog on Frugality and Saving Money while I ate lunch but you know it just didn't go as planned. I was going to give this a good proofing but I've decided not...I've only uploaded a picture of last night's Champion. grumble, grumble, dammit.

And so then, Our Hero, beaten, bruised, and bloodied by a Simple Peasant Door did slink back off to from whence he came.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment